At Gardens Are, we are always looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team. Whether you are a recent college graduate searching for your first career opportunity or experienced member of the original green industry, we have opportunities for you.
Why Work Here
Here is what our team members have said.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Opportunities to contribute and be recognized for your efforts
- Opportunities to make decisions and be responsible for them
- Friendly work environment
- Interesting projects
- Culture of open communication
- Focus on safety
- Involvement with industry associations
Grow With Us
Educated professionals are a hallmark of our team. We pay tuition and examination costs associated with the following certifications and licensing.
- Accredited Organic Land Care Professional, Northeast Organic Farming Association
- Massachusetts Certified Horticulturist, Massachuestts Nursery & Landscape Association
- Landscape Management, Turf Management, and Arborculture Certificates, UMass Extension Landscape, Nursery & Urban Forestry Program
- Commercial Pesticide Operator, Massachusetts Department of Agriculture
Equipment Operator – Construction/Maintenance
Equipment Operators run and maintain hydraulic equipment and attachments for site preparation, restoration, and maintaining roads and parking lots throughout the winter months. Ideal candidates are safety and detail oriented professionals who are experienced, licensed appropriately, and work effectively and independently.
Landscape Foreman – Construction/Maintenance
The Landscape Foreman is responsible for coordinating landscape crews and equipment to provide safe and reliable service to our customers, as well as assisting with the duties of those in their stead. Candidates should have landscaping work experience as well as a two-year degree in a horticultural field. Licensing and certification is required.
Landscape Laborers – Construction/Maintenance
Landscape Laborers perform a variety of tasks that assist in creating landscapes and outdoor living spaces. Candidates must be physically fit, hard-working, and detail oriented individuals who have a history with strong emphasis on safety. Licensing and certification are not initially required, and on-the-job training is provided.
Snow Plow Driver – Snow & Ice Management
Snow Plow Drivers operate snow removal equipment to clear snow and ice from parking lots and roadways in a safe and efficient manner. Candidates are required to have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and an intermediate knowledge of snow removal procedures. Prior operating experience with industry training and certification is preferred.
Snow Shovelers – Snow & Ice Management
Snow Shovelers are responsible for the removal of snow and ice from a variety of locations with hand tools, power equipment, and chemicals to provide safe access to properties in our care. Candidates must be reliable and have a basic knowledge of snow removal procedures. Prior experience with industry training and certification preferred.